I admit it. *raises hands* I’m guilty as charged. There are definitely some things I guiltily and notoriously do in Second Life that I should probably shamefully admit to. I figure if Miss Berry can admit to at least 5 of her guilty confessions (Come on Berry…we know you’ve got a few more up your sleeve!) , I can admit to some of mine as well.
1. House Addiction Issues: I seriously have a house addiction problem. If you follow me on plurk, you’ll notice that on a near weekly basis I ask “Where is this house from?” or “Who made a new house!?”. I change houses more than I change clothes in Second Life. It’s a bit of a problem, and I tend to spend way too much money on houses, and home decor. I’ll get settled perfectly into a new house, and two hours later find a house I like better.
2. Key Necklace Collection: I have a hoarding issue when it comes to key necklaces in Second Life. I absolutely love them. I have a collection of many, and if I find a new one, I feel like it’s necessary to add it to my growing collection.
3. Not over 10k!: I’m obsessed with keeping my inventory under 10k. As a blogger, this has become a total nightmare. I’m also an internal pack rat, and instead of just deleting things I know i’ll NEVER use again I pack it all up in boxes. This drives Luna Jubilee batty, and she always scolds me and tells me to just THROW IT AWAY! So while my inventory may seem to be small and tidy, it’s honestly just filled with box after box, all packed into one box. Digital hoarding at it’s finest…but hey, my inventory “says” it’s under 10k! I think I might be cheating a little bit.
4. Notoriously neutral: I hate conflict. Absolutely hate it. I hate having enemies too. I like remaining neutral as best I can, and honestly, it’s to the point of being obnoxiously neutral. Sure I have an opinion, and sometimes I’m too opinionated, but for the most part I try hard to see the good in everyone (There are some exceptions to that of course!). If there was a Second Life avatar that was most like Sweden, and in the neutral zone, it would probably be me. I can’t tell you how many mutual friends I have that can’t stand one another. I tend to just turn my head and look the other way at times. My notoriously neutral stance often times puts me in very awkward situations, and I probably have no one to blame but myself! Maybe I just lack the courage to say how I REALLY feel sometimes!
5. Profile Perv: I perv everyone’s profiles. If you are standing near me, it’s guaranteed I checked your profile out. Oh…and if your profile is empty, or filled with endlessly rude comments…I’m totally judging you. I really will base conversation off of a profile, and if your’s is negative/nasty or continually rude/hostile throughout, I probably won’t make the effort to talk to you.
6. Not fashionable: I know I blog “fashion” but I honestly do not think I am fashionable. At all. I can’t compile a complicated outfit filled with all sorts of colors and patterns, and I’m horrible at accessorizing. I honestly just like taking pretty pictures, and that is why I blog. I envy bloggers like Caroline Sautereau & Nati Williams (who’s link disappeared and I can’t find her blog at the moment! Oh no! I hope she’s okay!). They seem to put fashionable ensembles together with ease. Me? Noway! I’m lucky if I can pair up some jeans with an appropriate top!
7. Antisocial: I am way too antisocial. I own a venue, I am part of a large community on plurk, but I for the life of me cannot seem to be social in Second Life. I spend nearly all my time on my platform, or hiding out on my private land that nobody has access to. I really would like to make some new friends and be more social…so seriously…someone start pushing me off my platform or something!
8. F*ck Shoes! I’m going shoe-less!: (If you are a Dane Cook fan you’ll understand my phrasing for the title of this one.) I notoriously go barefoot in SL. I shop barefoot, I go to events barefoot. In all honesty…I’m just too lazy to put shoes on most of the time. I also often times won’t blog my feet, because…. *gasp* I’m barefoot and didn’t feel like putting shoes on…AGAIN.
9. Bad Grammar: I have a horrible habit of not proofreading my blog posts. I guarantee that you will find countless errors in every single post I make. I’m sure all you grammar fiends out there stopped reading my blog ages ago! Chalk it down to laziness. I really just want to play in Photoshop and make pretty pictures. (And I don’t even think they are that pretty most of the time!)
So there you have it…my guilty confessions!
Skin: Izzie’s | Izzie Button – Harlow – Fair
Eyes: IKON | Ikon Innovia – Destiny Eyes – Clarity (available at The Boutique)
Hair: Exile | Kavar Cleanslate – Sparkle & Fade – Light Reds
Dress: Rebel Hope | Rebel Hope – Traci Mesh Mini – Charcoal (available at The Boutique)
Pose: !Bang | Trieste Minuet
Have you ever dreamed of being a model? I know I sure have, and I’ve always envied all the beautiful models that grace so many places throughout the Second Life community. I’ve never considered myself high fashion, or a model in any way, shape, or form. I’ve always liked to think of my avatar as “the girl next door” type. Simple, innocent (ha. yeah right!), freckle faced, etc… Nothing too fancy or frilly. Me a model? No way!
That being said…when I heard about the Truth Model Search I just knew I couldn’t resist! I’ve always been a loyal fan of Truth Hair, and have enjoyed blogging it ever since the beginning of my blogging days (Hey! No laughing!). Not only is Truth Hair some of the best hair on the grid, but its creator is one of the kindest, and sweetest people in the community. I’m sure it’s hard to remain humble with so much success here, but Mr. Hawks manages to do it with ease.
The rules for the contest are pretty simple. I’ll copy and paste directly from the flickr page:
* Must be wearing hair from the new Truth Hair store. Hair should be purchased on or after 13 May 2013.
* Minimum 2048 x 2048 pixels in size.
* Focus of the photo should be on the hair. Waist upwards is encouraged.
* Be artistic! processing is allowed. Be sure to turn on your anti-aliasing etc, high quality pictures are needed.
* Currently I only stock female hair (sorry guys ).
* Entries must be submitted to the Flickr group www.flickr.com/groups/truthmodels. Any entries submitted to me personally will be disregarded.
I certainly encourage EVERYONE to take part in this! I can’t wait to browse through and see everyone’s entries.
Happy modeling everyone!
Skin: Izzie’s | Izzie Button – Harlow – Fair
Eyes: Insufferable Dastard | Audrey Lamede – Soulful v2 – Gray
Hair: TRUTH | Truth Hawks – Lotus – Ginger 2
Dress: Zaara | Zaara Kohime – Chaitra Chiffon Dress – Ivory
Pose: Marukin | Valencia Southard
So the lovely Magenta DeVinna had a great idea to post our “basics” or every day items that we can’t live without in Second Life. I loved the idea, and I’m a basics kind of girl, so I figured I’d play along!
Shape: My shape is “Me”. It’s a shape I’ve custom tailored over many years to suit my every need here in SL. I finally got to a point where I was happy with it, and it’s been the same for quite a long time now. I can’t really imagine ever changing to a different shape. (Ha…let’s look back on this post in a few years though eh?)
Skin: I typically change skins once every handful of months. I’m not someone who changes skins on a daily basis. I find a skin and I stick with it for many months. A while back the talented Izzie Button, of the store Izzie’s, IMed me and dropped me a new release of her’s that she named Harlow. I was as giddy as a kid with candy, and to this day I’ve had a hard time finding a skin that suits me better than my “Harlow” skin. I will switch skins out for blog posts, but you’ll notice I use this one currently more than any other skin.
Eyes: My absolute favorite eye maker is Insufferable Dastard. I very rarely change from this brand. Just like my skins, I tend to stick with a pair of eyes for many months, but when Insufferable Dastard releases new eyes I’m the first to scamper over and snatch them up. I think they are absolutely stunning.
Brows: I dunno what it is about Glam Affair‘s brow bases, but regardless of the skin i’m wearing I almost always wear Glam Affair brows. The ones I’m currently hooked on are the Leah brow shapes.
Hair: I can’t pinpoint a specific hair maker that I wear more than the other, but I can tell you that I am nearly always a ginger. I love being a redhead in Second Life. I can’t imagine Harlow being anything else. As for current favorite styles, I’m really hooked on American Woman by Exile which you can see above. It suits my avatar perfectly.
Hands: SLink hands. They are amazing. I wear them daily. Need I say more?
Feet: They aren’t pictured, but I wear my Gos Boutique mesh feet constantly. With the skin matching technology he mastered, it makes it easy to match my mesh feet to any skin I’m currently wearing.
Lingerie: I know it’s not something I wear daily, but I wanted to mention it. This lingerie set from DeeTalez has been a timeless favorite for a long time. I dunno what it is about this set, but I wear it under quite a bit, or just by itself. It’s a set i’ll never be able to get rid of from my inventory, even with all of the beautiful mesh lingerie hitting the market.
So there you have it! My basics!
I thought I’d take part in yet another one of Miss Berry’s meme’s! This one is my three Second Life wishes.
Wish # 1: I wish I didn’t have so many friends who hated one another. It makes me feel like the awkward turtle.
First off, this wish makes it sound like I have a ton of friends. I don’t really have a huge endless list of friends here in Second Life, but I am friendly with a lot of people, and have a lot of people who truly hate one another, or at the least have a strong disliking towards the other person. I know, it’s just a fact of life, but it SERIOUSLY makes me feel like the awkward turtle. I’ll be hanging out with someone, and someone else will be like “Oh…you are hanging out with THEM.” or “You are gonna regret getting to know them.” Etc… I hear it a lot more often than I ever thought I would, and it’s often times disheartening. I think I’m the type of person who gives every single person a chance. Heck, I probably give them way too many chances, but I always give someone the benefit of the doubt, and take the time to get to know them. Hey? If I get burned in the end, the life lesson is on me. I just wish more of my friends were friendly towards one another. I feel pretty blessed to know the people I know in Second Life, and sometimes I wish I could throw a big party, and have everyone show up, and not have to worry about who hates who! I’ll throw a party at The Pixel Bean and I’ll get IMs asking “Is so and so there? Because if they are, I’m not coming!” I HATE that! Just come to the party and have a good time. Who cares if the skanky girl who stole your ex from 3 years ago, (who you never even loved that much in the first place) is at the party. Just come and have a good time!
Wish # 2: I wish I knew how to create mesh & work with texturing.
I love to build. I in fact, would love to start making homes again in Second Life because it’s something I absolutely love to do. The issue is I feel my texturing skills are mediocre (at best), and I also have no clue how to create original mesh, and I’d love to incorporate that into my designs to keep up with the current trends/styles of Second Life. I just wouldn’t even know where to begin in the learning process! Maybe some day I’ll buckle down and truly take the time to learn. I’m sure by that point something new with technology will come along and mesh will be a thing of the past. LOL.
Wish #3: I wish all of my Second Life friends lived close by.
Seriously. I would give anything for this. Since moving halfway across the country I’ve not really met any close friends in my RL. Everyone I hold close to my heart is thousands of miles away (except for my sweet Ark of course), and it’s so sad sometimes! Sometimes I just want to be able to have all of us pile on a couch and watch a movie together, or go out to a pub and grab a few beers. My Second Life friends “get me” more than anyone else on this earth. I’d give anything to have those people in closer proximity. So for all of you who ARE in decent traveling distance… let’s start planning some fun stuff in the future k? And for all of you far away? Let’s plan a big Vegas trip far off in the future, because I want to meet all of you, and make all sorts of bad choices in Vegas with you. Muahahaha.
Skin: Izzie’s | Izzie Button – Harlow – Fair
Hair: Magika | Sabina Gully – Honest
Sunglasses: HOC | Guu Nishi – Aviator Style Glasses
Necklace: ISON | Harry Hyx – Stark Dagger Necklace
Tank: JANE | Janie Marlowe – Intrinsic Tank – Milk
Jacket: ISON | Harry Hyx – Bubble Bomber
Hands: SLink | Siddean Munro – Mesh Hands
Jeans: Monso | Morphine Janick – My First Jeans – Lime (available at FaMESHed)
Shoes: Gos Boutique | Gospel Voom – Ursula
Pose: Exposeur | RubyStarlight Writer
Location: Toxian City
How long have you been blogging?
I have been been blogging since March of 2011. (No laughing at my old school self!)
Why did you start blogging?
I had started to grow tired of the roleplay community that I was a part of for a few years and decided it was time to try something new. I had been following a few SL blogs (Strawberry Singh, Luna Jubilee, Juicy Bomb, etc…) and decided that I thought it would be fun to give it a try. I never expected to last more than a month!
How many times a week do you post an entry?
I try to post at least three to four times a week. Sometimes more, sometime’s less. Really just depends on how busy my schedule is.
How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis?
Honestly? Not too many. I wish I had more time to browse blogs, but I stick to about 4 or 5 ones that I love, and then skim random posts that people post on plurk a few times a week.
Do you comment on other people’s blogs?
On occasion. Not too often.
Do you keep track of how many visitors you have?
Not really no. I have google analytics set up, but I only check it once a month or two. I always forget!
Did you ever regret a post that you wrote?
Yes! When I first started blogging I had a few moments where I thought I knew what was up in the world of SL and the fashion/blogging world, and I made a few etiquette posts. Looking back on them now…I really had no clue what I was talking about. I probably still have no clue what i’m talking about.
Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog?
I’m not really sure…y’all tell me. Do you?
Do you blog under your real name?
I blog under my SL name.
Are there topics that you would never blog about?
I don’t consider myself a person who blogs to critique/criticize. I think there are people out there who are good at doing that, and there are people out there who enjoy doing that. I blog what I love, and what I enjoy in Second Life. I have no interest in blogging to be critical. I’m just here to do it for fun, and as a creative outlet for myself. So you’ll never find me critiquing or analyzing anything in great detail. This blog isn’t serious.
What is the theme/topic of your blog?
I’ve always considered my blog a scrapbook of all things Second Life. Home & Garden, Fashion, Places, Events, etc… I want a mix of everything I come across.
Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?
Nope. Just this one!
What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?
It’s an amazing creative outlet, and it’s also given me the opportunity to meet some really cool people throughout my blogging journey. So many talented, amazing, awesome, people. I feel blessed.
So, why do you continue to blog?
I continue to blog so that I can torment you all daily with my incessant rambling, and silly photos. Why else would I blog?
PS. Lazy credits tonight… other items in the pic include glasses from Bitch. My pose is Adorkable Poses. My skin is Izzie’s, and my hands are SLink.
Lazy blogger is laaaazy.