One of my favorite stores to shop at in Second Life is having a summer sale and I wanted to share the good news with you! The Sea Hole is having a Big Fat Summer Sale! They are featuring one color choice out of many of their items to be marked down to 50 lindens.. I got the incredibly beautiful dress I’m wearing above for only 50 lindens! A deal that cannot be beat! Make sure you scurry over an check out all they have to offer. The sale only goes till June 10th so… move move move!
TRUTH released two new hairstyles on Friday as well and this one I’m crazy about. It comes with a flower accessory you can add to it also. I just love the way my hair looks bundled loosely on top of my head. Once again TRUTH notoriously has created a style that is versatile for nearly any occasion.
Did this weekend go by fast for anyone else? I can’t believe Monday is just around the corner! Enjoy the last bit of your weekends everyone!
Skin: Chain and Vine – Lael – Primrose
Hair: TRUTH – Kalia – Carob
Dress: The Sea Hole
Location: Calas Galadhon Park
As you all know the CH1C Event is now open and radiating all kinds of awesome. I hope you’ve had an opportunity to venture over there and if you haven’t well…shame on you! I’ve got a few more items I want to share with you that are being featured at the event. The first being the beautiful new Mynerva skin Bianca. I am wearing it in a Cream shade and I think it exudes an amazing look of innocence. It’s a rather simple skin to be pairing with a cocktail dress but I thought the skin was fresh and incredibly appealing so I couldn’t help myself.
I am wearing a cocktail dress from The Secret Store. Another wonderful item to make the CH1C Event. The skirting on this was beautiful, and the textures are perfect. I paired the dress with an adorable necklace from =^^= MIAO. The necklace gives you the option to change the colors and textures which I think is quite handy when you are wanting to find something to match your apparel. Very well done! I don’t really have any sorts of necklaces in my inventory like this one. I feel it’s a nice addition to my digital jewelry box.
I feel as if i’ve been a bit lazy not linking you to all these fabulous stores, but since you can find all these items at once place right now I figure I better direct your attention there! So hurry on over to the CH1C Event and grab yourself some great new items.
I am happy to announce that the CH1C Event has officially opened it’s doors! Time for you to scurry over and grab some amazing items from some talented designers! As you saw in my last post I had the opportunity to share with you a few of the items that would be showcased during the event. Today I have some more items to show you!
The skin I’m wearing is from Lara Hurley. I’ve never owned a Lara Hurley skin before and after putting it on I had one of those “Why have I never worn you?!” moments. I’m really digging the lips and the eyebrows on this skin, as well as the milky color. My skin looks baby smooth!
The awesome dress and necklace are from the always awesome Ducknipple. You know I have major qualms with the word “nipple” and my friends always laugh at me. I usually go around calling the store “Ducknips!” for short because I can’t bring myself to say the word nipple. Anyway, while I have qualms with that word, I’ve NEVER had a single qualm with the quality and awesome design that this store offers. Everything in it is always just perfect. This dress is adorable, and it comes with this great necklace as well.
Last but not last, the hair I’m wearing is from Shag and will also be available at the CH1C Event. I like this hair because it’s a style I’d wear in my real life. I’m loving it.
PS. I apologize for the somewhat crummy photo job. I was in a hurry to get this post up for you all so you had immediate access to the event! Enjoy! <3
So there is a new event in Second Life in celebration of Chic Management turning one! It’s called CH1C and doors will open tomorrow, June 4th at 4pm SLT. I will make sure to let you all know the location tomorrow as soon as I can but for now I get the opportunity to tease you with some of the goodies that will be available at the event.
Isn’t this skin beautiful? I wouldn’t expect anything less from Atomic Bambi. This skin is the Tania skin and it will be available exclusively for the CH1C event. The skin has a variety of options and also included a few tattoo layers, such as freckles & teeth. Oh, did I mention it also comes with a beautiful shape?
The funky and fashionable jumper dress I’m wearing in this photo is from Indie Rose. I love the animal print and textures on this. They are so well done. The touch of color intermixed with the print also brings a lot of appeal to the attire.
Last but not least the pose! Bent! is releasing an “essentials” pack featuring a variety of absolutely perfect poses that are truly ESSENTIAL for anyone who takes photographs. I had a hard time choosing which one to use for this photo because they were all wonderful.
Anyway, no LMs to give you at this point in time because the event doesn’t start till tomorrow! I just felt like being mean and tease you all a bit… The event starts June 4th at 4pm SLT! Keep a look out for a SLURL!
THIS IS AN OPINION POST. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
I often try to steer clear of opinion posts. They usually contain quite a bit of whining and bitching over things that can’t be changed, but sometimes, it just feels good to get it off your chest. After 5 1/2 years in Second Life…there are just some things I REALLY need to get off my chest. So I would like to give my opinion (take it or leave it) on what I think needs to go ahead and DIE in Second Life. This isn’t meant to be unkind, more comical than anything. Feel free to comment and add your own, or complain if you want!
1. Gesturebating. Please. Quit it. Can someone explain to me the joy in applauding 298293 times after a song ends or saying WOOT so many times your head spins? Quite honestly if SL banned gestures forever I’d be jumping for joy. I’d like some quality conversation when I’m out on the town. I don’t need to know what the last song made you do. I don’t need you to spam me with 400 LOLs. We get it. You thought it was funny. You liked the song. You apparently really love to use WOOT a lot. Let’s stop now.
2. Full Bright Hair (and other accessories). News flash. Hair doesn’t glow. It does not look good. I promise you can find some great hair out there that doesn’t make you look like you just climbed out of some radioactive substance. Also, the full bright accessories? Lose them.
3. Face Lights. You are not directing ships in to port. You are not a lighthouse. There are some beautiful windlight settings in SL now. Lose the face light. You look as if you are about to be beamed to your home planet buy a UFO or something.
4. I’m riding an effing horse shape (courtesy of Darkley). What is this trend? Why are your legs so skinny and your hips so wide that you look like you are prepared to birth a rhinoceros? What’s about to come out of there that we don’t know about?
5. Tummy Talkers/Prim Babies. Since when do pregnant bellies or infant babies talk? It’s creepy. No one needs to know about little Tommy’s feeding schedule and quite frankly I couldn’t care less if you can feel your fake baby kicking in your stomach. It makes me want to kick you in the face.
6. Bling. Oh the humanity! As my friend Valen Leinhardt says… “Taking SL back to 2004 one annoying particle at a time”
7. Body Oil (courtesy of Sylvia Olivier) Where is the slip and slide?
8. Clicky Heels. Oh my ears. We get it. You are looking HOT in those heels. Do they bling too?
9. Spankers. Spank me one more time. See what happens.
10. Begging. I promise you those 10 lindens you asked for will not get you far.
11. Looking like a noob when you are 1800 days old. This is just a disgrace to all the designers who have put out beautiful freebies. Take advantage of them. I can respect that you can’t afford to spend real money in SL, but there are so many great freebies!! You’ve had 1800 days to find them!!
12. Tacky Venues. Can someone explain the reasoning behind this? Nearly all the venues I go to when I’m looking for live music are terrible. Particles, horrible textures, lag, TACKY CRAP EVERYWHERE. Why. Why. Why. There are so many great prefab builds, and so many talented and affordable designers in Second Life. If you are investing all this money into having these live artists/djs perform at your place why not make it a bit more presentable?
13. TOS Picks. I swear if one more person tells me that they are special enough to be excluded from the TOS rules….*curses under her breath* You aren’t THAT special. Even if your mom told you that you were.
14. Morphs. Please. Please. Please. Just. Stop. It.
15. Mass TPs. I got your notice about your event. I saw the group chat. If I wanted to go….I WOULD HAVE. Don’t send me a freaking mass tp!
16. Over done ASCII in profiles. News flash! I have no clue what your profile says because I cannot read it!
17. 1 linden demos. This drives me crazy. If you want to sell your product you should offer free demos for people to try out. It’s a courtesy thing in my opinion, and I promise you…you aren’t going to get rich off demos.
18. Poseballs on furniture. There are so many scripts nowadays that can hide pose balls or put the scripts in the furniture. Please designers! Do eeet. Get out of 2008! Hide your balls!! Speaking of hiding your balls…onto # 20.
19. Hidden man junk (Courtesy of Jori) You may think it’s invisible dude…but it’s not.
20. Photo Realistic Textures. 90% of the time done terribly. Especially on clothing. *shudders*
I know I was a whee bit snarky with this, but I hope you realize it’s all with good reason. There are just so many things I would love to see die in Second Life. What do you want to see die in Second Life? Comment and share!